The Commissioners’ Office also serves as the county business office. The staff is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices for the general fund, liquid fuels, 911 and various other special funds. The office also processes payroll , retirement benefits, and is responsible for other human resources functions, Information regarding insurance coverage, claims and other related matters as well as budgeting, accounting and financial reporting are also functions of the Business Office.
Contact the following with specific inquiries:
- Vicky J Botjer, CPA, Chief Financial Officer/Human Resources Director: oversees the fiscal and HR operations and works with the Chief Clerk to manage the fiscal affairs of the county
- John Haggarty, Business Manager: Works with CFO and Treasurer to manage the general fund budget, manage cash flows and financial reporting functions.
- Helen Rigler, Accounting Analyst: Processes invoices and check payments after invoices have been approved and submitted by each department. Assists the Business Manager in proper recording of expenditures for budget reporting. Due to strict IRS regulations, each vendor must have an updated W-9 form on file.
- Stacey McConnel, Assistant Human Resources Director: Processes new hires for all departments of the County. Enrolls and administers in conjunction with the Chief clerk all Employee Benefits. Supervises the biweekly processing of payroll and updates of employee information. Reports and administers Unemployment benefit and FMLA leave approvals.
- Rochelle Haviland, Payroll & Retirement Analyst: Maintains records for active employees in the Retirement Plan and administers benefits for all retirees. Processes biweekly payroll and helps the Assistant HR Director with record keeping and processing for all employees.
- Justin Valinski, Benefits Analyst, with with Assistant HR Director to administer and enroll employee benefits.
- Karen Aughe, Risk Manager: Worker’s Compensation Claims reporting and management. Property and Liability Claims reporting and management. Safety Committee and Building Safety coordinator. Works with HR assistant and Chief Clerk on Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle programs.
- Lee Krause, esq.: County Solicitor, 570-253-2520.