CDBG Emergency Mortgage Program
Wayne County Human Services Housing Department is in receipt of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding in the amount of $32,504, which will be utilized to assist Wayne County homeowners with housing stability. The Wayne County Housing Department will be launching this program July 1, 2021 on a first-come, first-serve basis as funding is limited.
Funds can be used for emergency mortgage payments on behalf of income eligible individuals and families economically impacted. Mortgage assistance (principal and interest ONLY) is provided for primary residences only up to two (2) consecutive months or $2,000 maximum through direct payment to an entity servicing the mortgage to pay down mortgage arrear(s), which is subject to eligibility and funding availability.
To be eligible for assistance, an applicant must:
- Reside primarily within the County of Wayne, excluding Honesdale Borough and Salem Township, for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Be current on school and property taxes.
- Have a current mortgage agreement for a dwelling in Wayne County.
- Submit evidence of the current mortgage balance (for arrear(s) only) and that the assistance will bring the account current.
- To qualify, the individual or family must demonstrate their income was/is reduced from January 1, 2020 to present. Situations causing loss of income include, but are not limited to, loss of employment, reduction of work hours, reduced wages.
- The application period ends when all County CDBG funds have been fully expended.
- Payment will be made directly to the mortgage company/servicer.
- Have a current annual household income that is not more than 80% of the Wayne County Area Median Income (AMI) for the household size. Reference Chart Below:
Applications are available:
- From 8 am and 4 pm at The Livery Building, 314 10th Street, Honesdale.
- Or mailed upon request by calling 570-253-6758.
Questions about the program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or our Housing Department by calling 570-253-6758.