Cares Rent Relief Program
CARES RENT RELIEF PROGRAM FOR WAYNE COUNTY
The CARES Rent Relief Program (CARES RRP) was established to provide rental assistance to assist households experiencing job loss or a substantial loss of income as a result of the COVID-19 health crisis through PHFA. Wayne County Human Services Agency Housing Department is the designated agency for Wayne County, PA.
WHO CAN APPLY? Renters who have experienced job loss or a reduction in annual income due to the Coronavirus pandemic; and Landlords that have lost rental income because a renter has experienced job loss or a reduction in income as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM: Renter must document at least a 30% reduction in income since March 1, 2020, related to COVID-19; and Renter’s income may not exceed the Area Median Income for their county of residence. Reference Wayne County’s chart below:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: A complete CARES RRP application consists of the following documents:
- Landlord Application
- Landlord Property Certification
- Lessee Household Certification/Renter Application
- W9 from the Landlord
- Tenant paystubs or income statement(s) for the period beginning January 2020 until the date of application
- A copy of the current lease
- Documentation to verify unemployment
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download all three CARES RRP applications on this page under “Forms to Download” and collect your required income documents.
- Complete all application forms and gather all required documents.
- Applications and documents may be submitted either electronically at email@example.com or by mail at 314 Tenth Street, Honesdale, PA 18431, ATTN Heather Miszler.