Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide planning, training and resources in program of preparedness, prevention, response, recovery and mitigation of all hazard emergencies that affect the people, property and environment of Wayne County, Pennsylvania.
Local Emergency Planning Committee
Associated with the Emergency Management Agency is the Wayne County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC). This group carries out the provisions of the Hazardous Material Emergency Planning and Response Act 1990-165 and the Community Right-to-Know Act 1986. The above are to protect and safeguard the public from the health hazards and risks associated with the storage, use, distribution, and transportation of designated hazardous materials.
Every home and business should be ready for any type of Emergency. Here at the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency we would like to help you and your family get a step closer.
Just some of the Emergency’s that we see in Wayne County are, thunderstorms, lighting, flooding, snow storms, ice storms, high winds, and tornadoes.
We do have flyers that are free that anyone can stop by and pick up at the Wayne County Emergency Operation Center, which is located at:
43 Volunteer Dr.
Honesdale, PA 18431
You can also get this information for free on emergency planning online.
Basic Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Water (at least one gallon daily per person)
- Food (enough for 3 to 7 days) - replace food November 1st annually
- Non-perishable packaged or canned food and juices
- Consider special needs (infants and elderly)
- Snack foods (dehydrated fruits, etc.)
- Non-electric can opener
- Cooking utensils and fuel
- Paper plates and Plastic utensils
- Blankets and Pillows, etc
- Extra Clothing (seasonal, rain gear, boots)
- First aid kit, medicines, prescription drugs
- Toiletries, hygiene items, moisture wipes, bottled hand sanitizer
- Flashlight (keep batteries separate until needed)
- Battery operated radio (keep batteries separate until needed)
- Cell Phone (keep fully charged during threat period, extra batteries if available)
- Cash and credit cards (banks and ATM’s might not be available for a while)
- Toys and books to keep children occupied
- Important documents (keep packaged and available to take with you on short notice)
- Pet Supplies (food, water, shot record, carrier or cage, leash)