Quality of Life Goals
Develop Community Hubs, Places that will Foster a Sense of Belonging and Connection through Shared Activities
- Conduct community focus groups to distill input from and needs in individual communities.
- Establish countywide advisory group to support each other and the development of hubs and related indoor / outdoor activities.
- Inventory existing spaces.
- Launch individual hub activities.
- Survey local residents regarding interest in community hubs, the who, what, where, when, and why.
Ensure that Children Entering Kindergarten Have the Basic Physical, Mental, and Social Skills to Succeed.
- Break negative cycle plaguing socio-economic sub-section of families in Wayne County.
- Create a coalition of agencies, organizations and professionals that regularly interact with children ages 0 to 5 and their families. Coalition’s charter will be to raise awareness of issues causing lack of readiness and identify potential solutions.
- Use the tools that are easy and free for parents to use with their children.
Ensure that All Residents, Businesses, and Institutions Have Access to Digital Technologies and Content that Enable them to Support Healthy, Prosperous, and Cohesive Community Across the County.
- Create a digital hub.
- Form a committee that will focus on web information gathering, design and filtering including the economic feasibility of ongoing data / information maintenance.
Promote Property Maintenance Standards in Order to Protect Boroughs and Townships from Deterioration Which Can Negatively Impact Property Values, Safety and Public Welfare.
- Garner support from multiple constituents such as community association boards, and local citizens and administer approach through the Pike / Wayne Realtors Association.
- Identify prototype ordinances to be shared.
- Make model ordinances available to all township supervisors and borough councils.