Employment & Training Center
The Wayne County Employment and Training Center is a federally funded Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program operated through the Wayne County Commissioners to assist all job seekers with resources regarding employment, unemployment compensation, job search, training, and other work-related issues.
The Wayne County Employment and Training Center is a partner agency with Pennsylvania’s CareerLink System. Together staff works with employers to promote job openings, to support skills building, and to refer qualified job applicants.
Services Available to Job Seekers
- Aptitude and Interest Testing
- Career Resource Library
- Civil Service Workshops
- Classifieds from regional newspapers
- Classroom Training-Financial Aid Assistance for Post-High School Training for WIA eligible persons
- Direct Line UC Phone
- GED Refresher Courses and Testing Referrals
- Job listings and referrals
- Job Screening for Employees and Employers
- Job Search Workshops
- JobGateway / CareerLink registration
- Labor market information
- Local social service agency information
- On-the-Job Training-50% Salary Reimbursement to Employers for Hiring WIA Eligible Persons
- Phones, fax and copier
- Resume Preparation
- Summer Youth Employment
- Training provider information, personal computers with internet access and resume writing software
Eligibility for Training
In order to request financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act, persons must meet certain criteria. Eligibility is based on several factors including: earned income, disability, and unemployment status. Eligibility is determined on an individual basis. Persons interested in training must make application with an Employment and Training Specialist.
Career Exploration Workshops
Every Thursday from 1 - 2:30 p.m.
- Employment and Career Goals
- Employer Expectations and Your Skills
- Job Search Strategies/Interview Prep
- Resumes, Cover Letters and References
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.